31 Year Old Freshman

Monday, March 05, 2007

More grades and more homework.

I got back 3 papers on Thursday and all check pluses! Professor told me I should easily make ENG 101 by next semester which has been the goal ever since I failed the writing test 2 years ago. It's funny that bad handwriting got me into this mess, but I am kinda glad it did. This 088 class is preparing me for the college experience and it is also swelling my ego. After acing this class I will only accept straight A's, even in Math (don't hold your breath)!

In closing I will share a writing excerise that Professor taught us. It's called the double entry journal.What I have discovered is that the journal does help the reader discover what makes good writing so easy to read. They way it works is you draw up a 2 column table with a sentence, chapter or even an idea from a book that you are reading from in one column. In the other column you write your reaction to what you have selected and why you selected it. It sounds simplistic but it helps your brain play in a more analytical role than usual. This should help in authoring your own pieces, hopefully anyways!

The next two assignments are of the double journal variety and since Blogger has some formatting issues with Microsoft Word docs you will not see the 2 aforementioned columns. I will write out the events or chapters from thebook in italics and my reaction to them in normal font.